Saturday, April 17, 2010

Instead of Ice Cream...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ice cream and I can eat the 'no sugar added' stuff. But recently I have taken to freezing my homemade yogurt and it is delicious! It satisfies my sweet tooth and then I don't crave the ice cream.

The last batch I made had a hint of vanilla because the yogurt that I used as a starter for my batch was vanilla. Then I added some lemon juice and xylitol (you can add honey). It is so mild and yummy and I'm addicted to it!
It's really nice on a warm evening to sit outside and eat it...and there's no guilt at all :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering about this...since making our own yogurt I've been meaning to look up instructions for making frozen yogurt (since we have an ice cream maker). I bet it would be good to add some fruit. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete